Most organizations find that implementing change can be very difficult. Only 10% of learning from training and development experiences is actually applied in the workplace. This book is intended to help enhance those odds by improving employee participation in the process of managing tasks and relationships, thereby increasing the overall success of the corporation. The Essential Elements of Facilitation is a book for anyone who wants to help organizations make constructive changes, especially:
- CONSULTANTS working outside an organization and wishing to enhance their understanding of facilitation methods and principles;
- TRAINERS working within an organization and desiring to strengthen their roles as human resource development professionals;
- MANAGERS leading groups of employees and looking for less directive and more empowering approaches leading to greater work effectiveness;
- FACILITATORS in other fields (e.g., therapists, teachers) seeking to refine their facilitation techniques in order to work with corporate audiences; and
- STUDENTS in organizational development or leadership courses wanting to improve their knowledge of facilitation theory and practice.